No. 11, Winter 2015
Enter the world of the uke lifestyle and its vibrant community! This special section features a snapshot into the lives of 7 diverse players; an illustration of two ukers and their essential clothes, accessories, and attitudes; a guide to where ukers eat and drink and mingle with recipes for you to try at home; and a look at the latest travel trend — uke-themed cruises! Plus in-depth profiles on Gracie Terzian, who is taking the NYC jazz scene by storm; Maui's very own uke jam band, Kanekoa; the innovative Italian string manufacturer Aquila; and the Nashville Uke Society. Gear Reviews: Opal Hollow Body, Eastman EU80E, and Ortega’s Lizard-CC-GB. Bonus: special Stage and Studio supplement, with performance and recording tips and products.
- Guide to changing strings in 7 steps
- How to master blues fingerpicking
- Three basic chords can open a world of musical possibilities
Learn to Play:
- Bruno Mars’ "The Lazy Song" is a breezy uke treat
- Adele’s modern classic "Rolling in the Deep"
- Impress your friends and family by mastering "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"