No. 09, Summer 2015
Our annual guide to summer camps and workshops; Sylvie Simmons makes the transition from rock journalist to ukulele troubadour; Sid Hausman revives cowboy swing; what you need to know about custom ukes; historian Tom Walsh reflects on classical uke master John King; and a pictorial essay on San Francisco’s Panama Pacific Expo centennial Uke-a-Thon.
- Learn moveable minor chords to expand your horizons
- Discover the possibilities of open-G tuning
Learn to Play:
- The Traditional "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
- Tin Pan Alley classic "Avalon"
- "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by J.S. Bach