Traditional Songs for Beginning Ukulele
Begin your ukulele journey or build up your repertoire with this collection of 15 time-honored songs from the American folk tradition. From “Amazing Grace” to “This Little Light of Mine” to “When the Saints Go Marching In” to a dozen more beloved classics, you’ll learn easy-to-play versions of the melody and accompaniment parts and get complete lyrics for each song.
Each song includes easy-to-follow chord diagrams, standard notation, tablature, and lyrics, plus delightful step-by-step video lessons from ukulele teacher and player Diane Nalini that will have you strumming and singing along in no time.
- Amazing Grace
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Michael, Row the Boat Ashore
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- Will the Circle Be Unbroken
- Home on the Range
- Down by the Riverside
- This Train
- This Little Light of Mine
- I've Got Peace Like a River
- Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Rock My Soul
This guide was lovingly assembled by award-winning musician, author, and educator Peter Penhallow, who has produced numerous albums for young children and books of easy repertoire.